Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cranberry Sorbet

Growing up, I never had fresh cranberries. The only cranberries I'd have all year were that disgusting cranberry jelly stuff in a can. Luckily, my horizons have expanded since then. Still, I don't much care for any sort of cranberry relish on Thanksgiving.

Luckily, Habanero reminded me about the magic that is cranberry sorbet. So mix it up a little this Thanksgiving and Christmas, and replace your relish--or that nasty jelly stuff--with sorbet!

I don't have my own cranberry sorbet recipe (I use one from a cookbook), but here are some fabulous links to get you started on your sorbet adventure:

Fresh Cranberry Sorbet from the Fat-Free Vegan
Cranberry Sorbet with Grand Marnier from About.com
Cranberry-Pineapple Sorbet from Recipezaar.com

I like to top my cranberry sorbet with some toasted chopped walnuts, but candied orange peel would also be lovely. Or go naked and just enjoy the sorbet on its own!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds so refreshing & i'm wishing i had some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:57 AM

    Huh. I read someone's recipe for cranberry sauce and it's almost identical to the cranberry pineapple sorbet. I guess I'll have to freeze the sauce and see what it's like! Her recipe (I thought I had the link to it but now I can't find the recipe, she's "building nutrition" and her husband is "clever dude") is a bag of cranberries, a can of crushed pineapple, and a can of tangerines (I used mandarin oranges). Mix them in the pot and cook until the cranberries explode.

    Kathy in Maryland

    ReplyDelete